10 Ways to Show Love to Your Children
Jesus commands us 13 times in the New Testament to “love one another” in the same way He has loved us. While this is a general command to love everyone we encounter, today we want to focus on what it looks like to love the children He has entrusted to us.
Using Jesus as our example, HOW can we show love to our children? Here are ten great ways to show Christ-like love to your children today!
1. Pray for them. The best way we can show love to our children is to pray for them, placing them in the hands of their Heavenly Father and ultimate protector.
2. Pray WITH them. Take time to ask your children what they need prayer for. Do they have fears, anxiety, hopes, etc.? Model trust in our Heavenly Father as you pray to Him together.
3. Pursue them. Get to know your kids in the way that God searches and knows us. Be intentional in your discussions, showing genuine interest in what matters to them!
4. Tell them. The more, the better. If you’re not annoying your children with how often you say it, you’re not saying it enough!
5. Teach them the Bible. Find time in your daily routine to infuse God’s word. It could be reading a verse or Bible story together at breakfast, or before bed, or in the car.
“Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds … Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.” Deut. 11:18-19 (NIV)
6. Show humility. We all mess up! We show love when we humble ourselves by apologizing and asking for forgiveness.
7. Give hugs and kisses! Don’t underestimate the value of physical affection in demonstrating love. The Bible tells us to “greet one another with a holy kiss,” so it must be important!
8. Do something for them. Jesus washed the feet of his friends. Our whole lives involve doing things for our children, but what can you do above and beyond for your kids today? Do something that stops them in their tracks! Make them their favorite snack, cut their sandwich into a shape, or play their favorite songs on their next car ride.
9. Encourage them. Look for ways to build them up. Play catch, build a tower, do a craft. Do something with them to develop their confidence and perseverance along with your words of affirmation.
10. Spend quality time together. Do an activity or have a conversation with your child without distraction. One great way to do this is by downloading our FREE Coreluv coloring book and working on it together!
FREE Printable coloring book
We are excited to share with you an interactive way for kids of all ages to learn about the orphan crisis. Featuring drawings done by some of our children in Haiti!
Simply fill out the form below and download your printable coloring pages!
By signing up, you agree to receive email updates from Coreluv International. You may unsubscribe at any time.