How to Involve Your Kids in Orphan Care
As a parent, one of the best things you can do for your children is to foster a love for all God’s people, especially the most vulnerable. You can help broaden their worldview by introducing them to people different from them and modeling ways they can love them. Here are five ways to involve your children in orphan care, right in your home, no matter their age!
1. Introduce them to one of the children in Coreluv’s care. Choose a child from our website. Consider selecting one around the same age as your child! View the full list at coreluv.org/defend.
2. Pray together for the child you shared with them. Commit to pray over a certain period of time (a few days, a week, etc.). Give ideas for prayer requests, but ask what your child wants to pray as well!
3. Expand your children’s worldview by talking about different nations and cultures. Coreluv currently works in Haiti and India, where there is a large need for orphan care. We are also expanding into Honduras. Explain that Coreluv provides homes for children who were orphaned and how thankful we are for the family God has provided for them.
4. Download and print the Coreluv coloring book linked below. It will help you and your children know how to pray (and it features drawings by some of Coreluv’s children in Haiti!).
5. Create a Facebook fundraiser to benefit Coreluv and involve your child in the process. Have them share stories, prayers, and photos to invite others to give. Create a Facebook fundraiser at https://facebook.com/fund/coreluvinternational.
Once you’ve worked your way through this list, repeat! You’ll find more children’s stories shared on our Facebook and Instagram social media accounts. Over time, compassion and genuine love will grow in your children as they learn more about God’s children around the world.
FREE Printable coloring book
We are excited to share with you an interactive way for kids of all ages to learn about the orphan crisis. Featuring drawings done by some of our children in Haiti!
Simply fill out the form below and download your printable coloring pages!
By signing up, you agree to receive email updates from Coreluv International. You may unsubscribe at any time.